Manitoba conducted its second PNP draw of January 2019 and issued Letters of Advice to Apply (LoAA) to applicants under its Skilled Worker in Manitoba, International Education Stream, and Skilled Workers Overseas streams.
This draw may well be the last one conducted by the province before the renewed criteria for Skilled Worker in Manitoba stream and the Human Capital pathway of the Skilled Worker Overseas stream come into effect in February 2019.
Manitoba issued 124 LoAAs to skilled workers in Manitoba with the minimum score for this draw set at 575 points, significantly lower than the 650 points in the last draw. Of course, the number of LoAAs too were sharply down from 200 in the Jan 17th, 2019 draw.
17 invitations were issued under the International Education stream, which does not have any minimum score requirement. The stream has three pathways designed for post-secondary students graduating from the province, graduate students seeking internship in the province, and foreign graduates from Manitoba wishing to setup a business in the province.
Under the Skilled Workers Overseas stream, 16 candidates invited in a Strategic Recruitment Initiative with minimum scores of 705 points or higher were invited to apply for provincial nomination.
The highly-popular Manitoba Express Entry pathway and the Human Capital pathway saw a total of 299 ITAs/LoAAs with the lowest-ranked candidate scoring 572 points.
The number of invited candidates dipped in this draw as compared to 367 ITAs/minimum score of 575 points in the last draw.
The EE pathway, as the name suggests, is open only to those with a valid Express Entry profile. Other eligibility requirements include:
- Six months work experience in an in-demand occupation in the province.
- Confirmed support of close friend or relative in the province for at least one year
- Language proficiency of CLB/NCLC 6 for NOC B occupations and CLB/NCLC 7 for NOC 0 or A occupations
To qualify for the Human Capital pathway, applicants must
- Six months in-demand work experience.
- Support of close relative in the province for at least one year or previous educational or work experience in the province in the past five years
- Language e proficiency of CLB/NCLC 5; 6 in case of compulsory trade and 7 in case of a regulated occupation.
Explore your Canada immigration options and how EXEO can help you by filling our free EE online assessment form